Saturday, May 29, 2010

Give Me a Better Answer

Is doesn't seem right that we just stop asking questions in the name of subjective experience. Truth is universal, right? That's what we claim? So there should be universal answers. And I am not talking "what does my future hold" questions. Irrefutably God's domain.

But I was talking to Leanna yesterday about the lies the world tells us. And about how I hated it. But everyone is born into the world. Everyone is born into the lies. Not everyone is born in the truth of the gospel we claim. Can we BLAME someone for believing the lies they're told if the world gets to them first? We are supposed to hold this against them? I have never heard a good answer to this question. "It's in God's hands, it's not for man to know yadda yadda" never has and never will cut it for me on this issue. Just saying "I love Jesus, it's just too bad for the other folks" is incredibly naive and honestly very selfish. It's ignorant. (ESPECIALLY if you believe that and you're not doing anything about it!)

Now, there are some people who do know, and choose consciously not to live it out. I am not referring to those people. They are for another blog post. I believe Paul has a lot to say to those guys.

I am not discounting personal encounters with God, I am not saying He is not real or that He is not good. But I AM saying don't back down when the questions get hard. It's weak. Always be ready, right? (1 Peter 3:15)

GIVE ME A BETTER ANSWER.

2 comments:

  1. Great questions. C.S Lewis has some powerful explanations about how God judges the heart and people based on the knowledge that they had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you talking about people's ideas on universal salvation? I was just learning about this in class. Hit me up.

    ReplyDelete