Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A Beautiful song written by Trisha Fitch

Forgive my hesitation
I guess that I’m not sure
If I want the salvation
I know I’ll never deserve

You say that you want me
I’ll never understand
How you could ever want to be
This coward’s biggest fan

Oh that my ways were directed to yours x2

You’re affection feels empty
You’re encouragement false
There’s so much you must not see
So I’m putting up these walls


This way I can hide away
All the dark you ignore
Never have to display
The me you adore


Oh that my ways were directed to yours x2

So allow me to deflect
The love I blindly give
Just know that I’m a wreck
Hoping someday you’ll forgive

The selfishness I obscure
With tones of humility
You’re love is too pure
Betrays the depth of my vanity

Oh that my ways were directed to yours x2

In the midst of this retreat
Another thought arises
I know I can’t compete
I know you pierce my disguises

And therein lies the allure
Of this one sided love
It alone can insure
That I’ll ever be enough


Oh that my ways were directed to yours x2

I’m so glad I don’t deserve you.

No comments:

Post a Comment